ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
1) The file paths used for backup and restore are now remembered from the previous use.
PREFERENCES VIEW, DATA SETUP VIEW:
1) The last active tab page is now remembered.
1) The Individual Source Citation and Research Target buttons have been moved from the Notes page to the Summary page, as these functions apply to the entire individual record.
1) Windows Menu: new option "Restore Layout". Restores the windows layout saved by "Save Layout". This is the same configuration as produced by exiting and restarting Genbox.
1) A potential situation that can result in note text being appended to the wrong record has been corrected.
1) The color of the tabs now follows the color setting for the labels font set in preferences.
2) Right-clicking on a list header to select "Reset column widths" now works even when the list does not have the focus.
3) The "Save Layout" function now remembers column sizing as well as open windows and sizes.
1) For UNICODE version: the problems with filenames in .ZIP backup files have been corrected.
1) A database with no basic event types marked will now be assigned the default basic events (BMDB).
EVENT GLOBAL TEMPLATE PROCESSING:
1) The global template codes are now processed "in sequence" with the local template codes. Previously, the local template results were produced first and then inserted into the global template; that implementation resulted in the context being incorrect for template codes appearing before the [...] code.
EVENT TEMPLATES VIEW:
1) The problem clearing the "Basic" and "Hidden" tags has been corrected.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW, SUMMARY PAGE:
1) The "MNSW" flags background color now matches list background color.
2) Ages are now not calculated for events with sort-only dates.
3) The "reset column width" value for the tag column has been made larger.
EVENT SENTENCE PREVIEW:
1) If the Preferences setting for "Report Options Filename for Preview Dialogs" is blank or invalid, the report options now default to the descendant narrative "Basic" options.
1) Place names missing county, state, and nation levels are no longer matched to existing places which have those levels. For example, "Manchester" will no longer match to "Manchester, NH" (it might actually be short for Manchester, England).
1) Changes to preferences are now reflected immediately.
2) The form pane is hidden when not in use.
1) The "Saving Preferences: Prompt to Save on Exit" option now prompts only when exiting program.
1) Window size is now remembered.
1) The "Exclude link from reports" setting for child-to-parent records is now honored for descendant reports.
2) The incorrect "son/daughter" substitutions for the [CHILD] template code in some situations has been corrected.
3) The incorrect capitalization in the sentence-joining text "who Was" has been corrected.
4) The problem translating the [WE] (witnessed event macro) template code has been corrected.
5) Surname slashes appearing on section headers (noticable on Family Group Sheet) have been removed.
6) Researcher Custom Reports with contact fields are now produced correctly.