The Identifiers page displays all of the names and numeric identifiers
for the current individual. Genbox can store any number of names for each
person. For each identifier, you can enter:
- Identifier Type - birth name, nickname, alias, name variant, SSN,
ancestral file number, user ID, etc.
- Name - the text of the name or identifier. Surnames are marked
- Notes - general and research.
- Preferred Flag (P) - mark your preference of identifiers to combine
into a composite name for internal reference to the current individual.
- Source Citations (S) - links to citations documenting the name.
- Defining Event (E) - a link to the event where the identifier was first
- Exclude Flag (X) - mark identifiers that should not be output to
charts or reports. With this flag, you can add identifiers for your own
purposes in distinguishing individuals with similar names, such as
"Smith, the one mentioned in Source 12", but prevent these extra
names from disturbing your final outputs. You can also use this flag to mark
sensitive data, such as social security numbers.
© Copyright 2005 Thoughtful
Creations. All rights reserved. Last Updated 10/26/2005.